How much do nurses get paid in Australia?
Registered Nurses (RN) in Australia earn an average salary of $73,000 per year. Nurse wages vary based on location, qualifications, experience and seniority. A range of resources are provided below to assist in determining the pay for nurses and midwives in Australia.
How much do RNS make an hour in Australia?
The average registered nurse salary in Australia is $79,307 per year or $40.67 per hour.
What is the highest paid nurse in Australia?
10 highest paid nurses in Australia
- Clinical nurse educator. National average salary: $97,872. …
- Nurse practitioner. National average salary: $123, 501. …
- Neonatal intensive care unit nurse. …
- Clinical nurse specialist. …
- Registered mental health nurse. …
- Certified registered nurse anaesthetist. …
- Pediatric nurse. …
- Pain management nurse.
Does Australia pay nurses well?
While it might be fair to say that nurses are always underpaid considering the demands of the job, Australia is among the highest paying countries in the world, regularly appearing in the top ten for average salary paid.
How much does a first year RN make?
Most registered nurses begin their career on a salary between $60,000 – $65,000.
What type of nurse gets paid the most?
What Does a Certified Nurse Anesthetist Do? The certified registered nurse anesthetist consistently ranks as the highest paid nursing career. That is because Nurse Anesthetists are advanced and highly skilled registered nurses who work closely with medical staff during medical procedures that require anesthesia.
Do Registered nurses make good money?
Based on the report of over 121,000 nurse salaries, the average base salary for staff nurses across the country is about $65,097 per year (or $30.50 per hour). This is often accompanied by about $11,250 of overtime pay per year as well, bringing the total average salary of a nurse in the US to about $76,347 per year.
Is nursing a good career in Australia?
Nursing as a career has a high demand and always proved to be a rewarding one, both fiscally and emotionally. … If you are an overseas nurse, looking to start career in Australia, then after completing initial registration you can seek employment in the healthcare sector and choose from a wide range of specialisations.
What is a level 1 nurse in Australia?
The most important descriptor to note in RN level 1 is that ‘an employee at this level performs their duties… under the general guidance of, or with general access to a more competent registered nurse (RN) who provides work related support and direction’.
Do nurses get paid more on nights?
In NSW, the typical public night shift penalty is +15 per cent.
Which state in Australia has the highest salary for nurses?
Highest paying cities in Australia for Registered Nurses
- Adelaide SA. 48 salaries reported. $85,316. per year.
- Canberra ACT. 370 salaries reported. $85,185. per year.
- Alice Springs NT. 39 salaries reported. $82,465. per year.
- Cairns QLD. 98 salaries reported. $80,286. per year.
- Perth WA. 504 salaries reported. $76,409. per year.
How much do nurses make in Sydney Australia?
How much does a Registered Nurse make in Sydney, Australia? The average salary for a Registered Nurse is $5,889 in Sydney, Australia. Salaries estimates are based on 302 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Registered Nurse employees in Sydney, Australia.
Which country gives highest salary to nurses?
Luxembourg – $91,000 (USD)
Currently topping the list as the highest-paid country in the world for nurses, this tiny country in Western Europe pays its nurses very well.
Which country is best for nurses?
The best countries for a career in Nursing
- New Zealand. The New Zealand healthcare system is split between state funded and private care, with nursing opportunities available in both. …
- Australia. …
- Denmark. …
- United States of America.
What country needs nurses the most?
1. Haiti. As one of the poorest countries in the world, Haiti is also one of the most in need of professional nurses. Statistically Haiti has barely one percent of the nurses per population that the United States does.