How does Western Union work in Australia?
Visit a participating Western Union agent location and show a government-issued ID to verify your profile. Pay for the transfer in cash. You’ll get a confirmation email with the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN). Use it to track your transfer and only share with your receiver.
How do I receive money through Western Union?
- Visit an Agent Location: Use our online Agent locator to find a location near you.
- Provide the following information to the Agent Clerk. Correct money transfer control number (MTCN). Sender’s name. Where money was sent from. Expected amount. Valid ID. Test question and answer (if applicable)
- Receive the Money.
Can I use Western Union in Australia?
Can I send a money transfer online with Western Union in Australia? Yes—you can send money online 24/7 using internet banking (pay with POLi) or a Visa® or MasterCard® credit, debit or prepaid card in Australia. Receivers can pick up the money within minutes* from participating agent locations worldwide.
What is the best way to transfer money overseas from Australia?
A money transfer company is usually the cheapest way to get money to someone overseas. The company can either move the money to the other person’s bank account, or arrange for the person to collect the money in cash at a local branch or agent. You can transfer money: online, and pay using your credit card.
Can I transfer money into Australia?
Bringing money into Australia
There’s no limit on the amount of physical currency you can bring into Australia. However, if you carry more than $10,000, or the foreign currency equivalent of that amount, you’ll have to declare it to customs on the way into the country.
Can I Western Union money to myself online?
What information do I need when sending money to myself with the Western Union TravelWise service? Western Union TravelWise service online: With Western Union, you can send money online 24/7. You can pick up the money at a participating Western Union agent location at your destination.
What kind of ID do you need to pick up money from Western Union?
If you need to pick up money at Western Union agent location, please present a valid International passport, National Identity Card, Driver’s License, Residence ID (for foreigners), Foreigner’s document.
What info do u need to send Western Union?
Start online, finish in store
- Your government-issued ID to be shown at the agent location.
- Your cash or debit card to pay for the transfer amount and fees.
- Your receiver’s first and last name, to be entered as it appears on their government-issued ID.
- Your receiver’s country, and in some cases*** their full address.
How do I transfer money into someone else’s bank account Australia?
To make a transfer to another Australian bank account, you’ll need to either log into your own online banking, and process the payment that way, call your bank’s telephone banking service, or visit your local branch.
How do I receive money from overseas?
How can I receive money from overseas?
- International money transfer service. You can receive money from overseas directly into your bank account, using an international money transfer service. …
- Bank-to-bank transfer. …
- International money order. …
- Cash pick-up.
What is the cheapest way to send money overseas from Australia?
But first, let’s look at 5 of the cheapest international money transfers.
- A Bank Transfer Minus the Bank. A bank transfer allows you to send foreign currency to another bank account overseas. …
- Peer to Peer Transfer (P2P) …
- Money Remitters (for smaller amounts under $2000) …
- Send Money Overseas Online. …
What is the safest way to transfer money internationally?
5 Best Ways to Send Money Internationally
- Western Union.