If it is your first time visiting the city, you’ll find it is entirely possible to experience Melbourne in three days, although 5 days is ideal. What is this? Here’s an itinerary to work with to see as much of the city in as little time as possible.
Is 2 days in Melbourne enough?
Two days in Melbourne is just enough time to scratch the city’s surface. … It’s a place rife with culture, art (urban and otherwise), a pumping nightlife and some of the best restaurants and cafes in Australia.
What can you do in Melbourne for 7 days?
Melbourne Itinerary: 7 Days in the City
- Day 1 – Feel the Essence of Melbourne.
- Wander the Gardens.
- Federation Square & ACMI.
- Discover Melbourne’s Street Art.
- Day 4 – Museums and Galleries.
- Day 5 – Browse Melbourne’s Suburbs.
- Day 6 – Trip to Brighton.
- Day 7 – Explore St Kilda.
What can you do in Melbourne in 3 days?
What to do in Melbourne in 3 days
- Check out the Melbourne Coop’s Shot Tower. What is a shot tower, you ask? …
- Eat up at Queen Victoria Market. …
- Marvel at the Dome in the State Library. …
- See the Brighton Bathing Boxes. …
- Venture out to St. …
- Drink on a floating bar. …
- Visit a rooftop bar. …
- Check out the Block Arcade.
What can you do in Melbourne for 5 days?
Perfect Melbourne Itinerary For 5 Days
- Day 1 – Explore Melbourne CBD.
- Day 2 – Great Oceans Road Tour.
- Day 3 – Melbourne Brunch & St Kits Beach Or Philip Island Tour.
- Day 4 – Grampians National Park Day Trip Or Puffing Billy Railway.
- Day 5 – Markets and last day Shopping (Optional Yarra Valley Tour)
What can you do in Melbourne for 4 days?
My Melbourne Itinerary for 4-7 Days
- Day 1: Laneway eateries and ALL the coffee.
- Day 2: Sporting Tours & A taste of culture.
- Day 3: World-class shopping and High Rolling.
- Day 4: Day trip to the coast – or the mountains!
- Day 5: Seaside relaxation in St Kilda.
- Day 6: Hang out with Australian furry friends.
Is Melbourne better than Sydney?
Although Melbourne is ranked as one of the world’s most expensive cities to live in, compared with Sydney it offers much better value in terms of property. With housing and office space in Sydney in such high demand, property rates are exorbitantly high.
How much should I budget for Melbourne?
A vacation to Melbourne for one week usually costs around AU$1,533 for one person. So, a trip to Melbourne for two people costs around AU$3,066 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs AU$6,133 in Melbourne.
How do I spend a day in Melbourne city?
Melbourne in a Day – A Suggested Itinerary
- Take the City Circle Tram. …
- Explore Flinders Street Station. …
- Grabbing a morning coffee. …
- Walk to Eureka Skydeck. …
- National Gallery of Victoria. …
- St Paul’s Cathedral. …
- State Parliament House. …
- Lunch on Bourke Street or in Chinatown.
What can you do in Victoria for a week?
A One Week Itinerary to Victoria, Australia
- Days one to three: Melbourne. You’ll need at least three days to explore Australia’s second biggest city, starting with Melbourne’s famous laneways. …
- Day four: Phillip Island. …
- Day five: Mornington Peninsula. …
- Day six: Great Ocean Road. …
- Day seven: Ballarat.
Is Melbourne expensive?
Melbourne is ranked as the world’s 99th most expensive city out of the 209 cities surveyed for Mercer’s 2020 Cost of Living Survey. Though ranked below Sydney, it’s more expensive than Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane and Canberra.
Is Sydney or Melbourne more expensive?
Sydney more expensive than Melbourne
While Sydneysiders earn more on average than Melbournites, they also pay 37% more for their houses, with the average house price in Sydney costed at $843,994 compared to just $615,068 in Melbourne.
Is Melbourne worth visiting?
Melbourne is certainly worth visiting. There is so much to see, so much to do, so many interesting and different people and so many facilities. However, until our covid-19 lockdown is over, you can’t get in and we can’t move around.
Which is the best month to visit Melbourne?
The best times to visit Melbourne are between March and May and September and November. These shoulder seasons feature moderate temperatures and tourist crowds, plus lower airfare rates.
How many days should you spend in Australia?
We recommend spending at least 10 days in Australia, but the longer your trip is, the better. In ten days or a fortnight, you could venture into the outback or visit national parks. With three weeks or more you could overland through the heart of the country, explore the Northern Territory or tour Tasmania.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Australia?
1. When is the cheapest time to fly? The lowest season generally for flying to Australia is from mid April until late June. This is late autumn/early winter Down Under, and so may not suit your plans unless you are headed to the north of the country.