You’ll need at least 2-3 days to get a full sense of this awesome city. Keep in mind that there are also some great day trips you can do starting from Melbourne.
Is 2 days in Melbourne enough?
Two days in Melbourne is just enough time to scratch the city’s surface. … It’s a place rife with culture, art (urban and otherwise), a pumping nightlife and some of the best restaurants and cafes in Australia.
What can you do in Melbourne for 5 days?
Perfect Melbourne Itinerary For 5 Days
- Day 1 – Explore Melbourne CBD.
- Day 2 – Great Oceans Road Tour.
- Day 3 – Melbourne Brunch & St Kits Beach Or Philip Island Tour.
- Day 4 – Grampians National Park Day Trip Or Puffing Billy Railway.
- Day 5 – Markets and last day Shopping (Optional Yarra Valley Tour)
What is the best month to visit Melbourne?
The best times to visit Melbourne are between March and May and September and November. These shoulder seasons feature moderate temperatures and tourist crowds, plus lower airfare rates.
How can I spend 3 days in Melbourne?
What to do in Melbourne in 3 days
- Check out the Melbourne Coop’s Shot Tower. What is a shot tower, you ask? …
- Eat up at Queen Victoria Market. …
- Marvel at the Dome in the State Library. …
- See the Brighton Bathing Boxes. …
- Venture out to St. …
- Drink on a floating bar. …
- Visit a rooftop bar. …
- Check out the Block Arcade.
Is Melbourne better than Sydney?
Although Melbourne is ranked as one of the world’s most expensive cities to live in, compared with Sydney it offers much better value in terms of property. With housing and office space in Sydney in such high demand, property rates are exorbitantly high.
What can you do in Melbourne for 4 days?
My Melbourne Itinerary for 4-7 Days
- Day 1: Laneway eateries and ALL the coffee.
- Day 2: Sporting Tours & A taste of culture.
- Day 3: World-class shopping and High Rolling.
- Day 4: Day trip to the coast – or the mountains!
- Day 5: Seaside relaxation in St Kilda.
- Day 6: Hang out with Australian furry friends.
Is Melbourne expensive?
Melbourne is ranked as the world’s 99th most expensive city out of the 209 cities surveyed for Mercer’s 2020 Cost of Living Survey. Though ranked below Sydney, it’s more expensive than Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane and Canberra.
What can you do in Melbourne for 7 days?
Melbourne Itinerary: 7 Days in the City
- Day 1 – Feel the Essence of Melbourne.
- Wander the Gardens.
- Federation Square & ACMI.
- Discover Melbourne’s Street Art.
- Day 4 – Museums and Galleries.
- Day 5 – Browse Melbourne’s Suburbs.
- Day 6 – Trip to Brighton.
- Day 7 – Explore St Kilda.
How much should I budget for Melbourne?
A vacation to Melbourne for one week usually costs around AU$1,533 for one person. So, a trip to Melbourne for two people costs around AU$3,066 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs AU$6,133 in Melbourne.
What is the coldest month in Melbourne?
Melbourne’s top temperatures are usually in January and February. Those months are often dry, with hot spells and cooling afternoon breezes off Port Phillip Bay. June and July are the coldest months and October is the wettest.
Does Melbourne have clean air?
Melbourne’s has clean air quality and doesn’t suffer from high levels of air pollution that are common to other major cities around the world. Skies are clear on most days in Melbourne (apart from the odd cloud).
How hot is Melbourne in February?
February Weather in Melbourne Australia. Daily high temperatures are around 78°F, rarely falling below 66°F or exceeding 93°F. The highest daily average high temperature is 79°F on February 4. Daily low temperatures are around 58°F, rarely falling below 50°F or exceeding 67°F.
Where should I go for 3 days in Victoria?
9 Top-Rated Weekend Getaways from Melbourne
- Great Ocean Road. Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road. …
- The Mornington Peninsula. …
- The Dandenong Ranges and the Yarra Valley. …
- Lorne. …
- Wilsons Promontory. …
- Grampians National Park. …
- Phillip Island. …
- Daylesford: Day Spas and Mineral Springs.
How many days do you need in Sydney?
4-5 days is fine for Sydney, you would stay longer if you had friends here. The water temperature is cool in October so you are unlikely to want to spend days on end at the beach. 1 day Bondi Beach and surrounds. 2 days looking around city area, a bridge climb if possible, a ferry to Manly and the zoo.